|Hotel:||Moxy and Residence Inn Houthavens|
|Afdeling:||Finance en Accounting|
Moxy and Residence Inn Houthavens
Cycas Hospitality is collaborating with investment developer Heren2 to develop a dual-branded concept with Marriott International on the Danzigerkade in the Houthaven area of Amsterdam.
Moxy Amsterdam – Houthaven is one of two hotels forming a dual-branded project expected to open in Winter 2017. Located along the IJ river in Amsterdam’s western port, the hotel has great access to Amsterdam’s fantastic shopping, extensive dining, thriving nightlife, visitor attractions, the arts and of course the canals.
Moxy is a boutique-hotel concept for the fun seeking traveller. Featuring stylish design, at a more affordable price, the hotel offers thoughtful, tech-enabled rooms, vibrant lobby spaces and approachable service, which aims to surprise travellers. The hotel’s style features an industrial look with concrete floors, exposed concrete columns, and open ceilings. Offering a selection of 120 air-conditioned Standard and Twin rooms with power showers, fast and free Wi-Fi access and a relaxing bean bag chair to chill out on.
Residence Inn Amsterdam – Houthaven is the other hotel in the dual-branded project expected to open in Winter 2017. Residence Inn is an all-suite, extended-stay hotel for guests staying away for days, weeks or even months at a time, seeking an alternative to a conventional hotel bedroom.
At Cycas Hospitality we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too.
In this role you will be the assistant to the on property Junior Controller responsible for all on property finance aspects, such as bookkeeping, account payable & receivable, reporting, banking and budgeting/forecasting. You will be playing a role in controlling all the costs relating to our strategic partnerships.
Assisting in Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
• Completes accounts receivable period end closing functions and procedures; credit and period end reporting.
• Upholds the policies and procedures outlined in the credit policy.
• Interacts with sales and catering staff for timely credit decisions on incoming customers.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge to Credit Management Issues
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Stays knowledgeable of accounts receivable & payable system.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• Ensures property billings are sent error free and in a timely manner.
• Monitors receivables for timely collections and follows up with appropriate collection correspondence.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updating the associates, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Maintains positive working relations with customers and department managers.
· 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related
· Finance experience in the Hospitality industry
· Previous user of Word, Excel, Essential and Outlook preferred
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy of spelling and grammar, layout and content formation essential
· Highly organized and efficient approach required
· Ability to manage varying needs and prioritizing to ensure best business results
· Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
· A person who easily connects with others and is a true Cycadette, have fun!!